Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Meh. I want my bed.

Okay, so I can't feel great ALL the time, right? I suppose I'm starting to feel the "progression of strength" everyone has been warning me about. This round has been difficult for me, and yes, it feels like the chemo is getting stronger. It's at least having more harsh effects on my body, that's for sure!

It has been five days since my treatment and I am still overcome with the feeling of nausea, dehydration, and weakness. Yupp, it kind of blows to feel like this right now. All of my muscles are in pain, and I am in desperate need of a massage. My mouth can barely taste food and my stomach has just been in wretches!

And my insides aren't the only things feeling the effects. My eyelashes and eyebrows are starting to fall out now, too. They're getting so weak and fine that I'm sure soon enough they will be gone altogether. I've begun a 30-minute makeup regime each morning, which requires caking on tons of makeup and penciling in eyebrows, applying false lashes and bronzer just so I don't look like a corpse. My skin is losing color. I'm so white and dull. I'm losing my shine!

My doctor told me that I can't get pedicures anymore because the water in the basin might have germs. Great. So I need to feel like this without indulging in a little feet pampering? Yikes.

I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer right now, especially since I'm just about to be half way finished with my treatments. I've made it this far so I need to keep going! However, I can't help but miss what it feels like to just be... normal.

This weekend for Labor Day I am going to go to Miami, so hopefully a little vacation getaway will get my spirits back up!

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me every time I read this babe. I told some people at my work about you when they were complaining about something so minuet. I told them about you and that you were battling all this, and yet you have stayed so positive. We all have our days and at least you can put it here :) Keep your head up love! I hope you had a great time in Miami!

    ReplyDelete