Thursday, January 27, 2011

Adios Jessica

Check it out!! My hair is starting to grow back, and kinda fast!! Today I stopped wearing my wig to work. The stickers that I use to attach it to my head were starting to pull on my hair and become painful. Therefore, I decided that it must be time to say goodbye to Jessica. (It's been fun, Jessica, but it's time to move on!). Most of my co-workers knew what I was going through, but many people didn't. I shared my story with some, and others I didn't. It's funny because most people think that I cut my hair!! A lot of people told me that it's such a bold haircut but it looks good on me. I think so, too!

Hello hair! I've missed you!
It's kind of nice having short hair for the first time in my life (and much better than having NO hair, too!). If I wasn't forced to be bald in the first place, then I never would have cut my hair to this length. I'm happy that people have been responding favorably to my new look. It really gives me a lot of confidence that I was unsure I would be able to get.

I never thought that it would mean so much to me to be growing my hair again, but I must admit, it feels so damn good to have hair again!!! I keep running my fingers over my scalp to feel my little baby hairs coming in, and it makes me smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment