Monday, October 25, 2010

Am I Done Yet!?



I'm 3/4 finished with my treatment! Yes! But I am still exhausted as ever. Each treatment that goes by just reminds me how much I want to be finished with it. :(

Don't worry, I'm hanging in there! Still, it's not pleasant. I have been having lots of night sweats and sores on my gums that make it difficult to eat or brush my teeth. My stomach is in knots and I still have the most random appetite.

I hate asking people for help, but I have had to this week. It's the worst feeling in the world to feel miserable and helpless! I've been drinking lots of tea and soup, both which have been providing me with some relief.

I seriously can't wait for this to be over with and "cancer" just doesn't need to be part of my daily thoughts or discussions.

Until then... your comments and motivation are keeping me going! :)

6 comments:

  1. I am thinking and praying for you !!! I pray to God that he will make it all disappear and no radiation needed !!! xoxoxo Love u and miss u man !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still looking great. Sigourney Weaver don't have shit on you =) Let the peach fuzz fly and screw the haters. You're a wonderful niece and I pray for you nightly to have this Alice business over and done with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong. If you are up for sweets, 16 Handles is great for your taste buds and easy on the gums

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Hopefully this doesn't come off as creepy! You don't know me at all, but we have a mutual friend who posted your blog on Facebook a few weeks ago and it caught my attention so I've been checking back in from time to time. I had a bout with cancer about a year ago, but nothing as intense as what you're going through at all...simply radiation. I can't even imagine having been diagnosed at 22...that's so young (I'm almost 31). I just wanted to say your attitude is GREAT and anyone in your situation would get frustrated from time to time. Keeping your sense of humor is key to any hardship that comes along in life...oh, and Alice is going to be very dead soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not creepy at all! Thank you for checking in! That means a lot to me! I just posted a new blog and discuss radiation -- I kind of have mixed thoughts. If you could email me I would love to hear your thoughts/experiences with radiation! Thanks again! amandalmassa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete