Monday, August 16, 2010

My friends are making a difference. Rockin'.


Some amazing things have been sent my way in the past couple of days! My friends are beyond incredible, and I am beginning to realize more and more each day just how fantastic some people are! I'm learning new things about people I've known for years, and some things about people I've only talked to a couple times.

Among the dozens and dozens of messages that I have been getting from everyone over the weekend on Facebook, some people have been showing their support in some pretty touching ways!

Today I've decided to higlight two people in particular.

First, I'll start with my friend Meagan, who I know from high school and may be better known by her recording name, "Makiin," in South Florida.

Yesterday she told me that my blog inspired her to write a song called "Killing Alice" about my story and others who are going through medical struggles. She later posted this message on her Facebook fan page:


"MaKiiN Mayhem Fan
Page (Album Drops 8/9/10)
I was inspired today by Amanda Massa's story ♥
I will be writing a song dedicated to her and other people battling cancer and
other tragic diseases called "Killing Alice" =) Please keep an eye and an ear
out for it, i will be putting myself in her shoes to get the "WOW" factor out of
the song, wish me luck!"



It's truly touching that Meagan is using her talent and creativity to spread a message of hope and support! Check out her website here: http://www.makiin.com/.

Another message I received yesterday was from my friend Amanda, who also lives in Florida. This is what she send me on Facebook:


"Hi my love. So I need to tell you I just read your blog a few days
ago. And I'll admit I was an emotional wreck after. About a month
ago I signed up to train & run a marathon with the Leukemia, Lymphoma
and Hodgkin's lymphoma society!! And when I read your blog it made it all
so real for me. I was doing it to support an amazing cause and now more than
ever you are my inspiration.

Here's a link to my page so you can see it!! I received an honored hero
bracelet that I can write someones name on if I knew someone battling
this disease. Until today that bracelet has been blank. Today, it says your
name.

I love you & your my honored hero :) "




(Photo: Amanda text me this photo of her bracelet today!)


Check out Amanda's fundraising page and if you can, make a donation!

Both of these ladies are friends from high school who I haven't even seen in the past 6 years. However, it means more to me than ever knowing that even after all this time, they are reaching out in these ways.

I've received such an overwhelming response from everyone - every single message, text, email, phone call means the world to me - and I wish I could post them all on this blog as examples. At a later time, I will post some more of the messages I've received, but for today I wanted to highlight these two unbelievable friends of mine and show my appreciation!

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment